Thank you to all our past and present supporters of MSI. See a list of these angels.
Mountain Spirit Institute needs your support. The "passion
and spark of inspiration" that led the founder to create
Mountain Spirit Institute, stems from a deep understanding of
how being in nature, different environments and experiential learning
can do much good for individuals our communities.
Through a number of years of preparation, MSI is coming to fruition.
The Board of Directors believes we have much to offer, with a
unique approach to experiential spiritually based education in
a natural setting with a variety of programs. It will take more
effort and time but most importantly, at this stage, funding.
Mountain Spirit Institutes Contribution and Needs
The Need in Our Communities -The current situation
- Americans of all ages are facing an increasingly stressful lifestyle
- The use of alcohol and drugs, is a serious problem in America society.
- There is a disconnect with the natural environment due to technological advances.
- Our way of life is taken for granted. Global warming and the peaking of world oil reserves dictate that we rethink and start practicing sustainable and holistic living practices.
- Mainstream media does not cover significant and important resources on which our mission focuses, which MSI can play a part, by providing through our lecture-film series and web resources.
- Mental health statistics reveal that teen, and adult violence, stress, depression and suicide have risen dramatically. Physical health problems are also prevalent.
Addressing the Need: What MSI is accomplishing
- Continue to offer quality safe experiential programs in
a variety of settings such as, seminars, workshops, outdoor
programs, lecture and film series, and the SunFest.
- Provide resources such as a website and materials that further
the mission statement.
- Collaborate with existing qualified individuals and organizations
in the community.
- Providing scholarships for MSI and Outward Bound programs.
- Provide donations for selected community projects.
- Serve teens & adults in the community.
MSI Financial Needs
- Insurance Funds: Enables us to conduct programs and operate
- Marketing: Allows us to promote our programs.
- Scholarship Fund: Allows MSI to award scholarships for Outward
(through Sunapee High School) and MSI programs.
- General Operating: Provides funds for office operations,
postage, web, phone.
- Equipment: Provides needed program equipment such as tents,
first-aid, & leadership equipment, teaching materials.
- Community Outreach: Allows MSI to give back to the community
by donating back to certain key appropriate community needs.
- Fundraising Capital: Allows MSI to move forward with a number
of fundraising campaigns such as Endowment, General Annual Fund and
- Program Funding: Provides needed funding for operating programs.
Permits for Forest Service: Enables us to conduct programs
on USFS lands/Natl Parks.
How you can support Mountain Spirit Institute
You may contribute financially through
planned giving, contributing to our annual fund, by sending
a donation check by mail to:
PO Box 626, Sunapee, NH 03782
or fill out our online form,
or click on the button below to make an online donation:
If you are a foundation, organization or individual who would like the opportunity to contribute at a sponsor level and would like details about our business plan, please contact us and we'll send you our current case presentation.
MSI's Case Presenation is available upon request in PDF:
Forms require free Acrobat Reader:
All donations to Mountain Spirit Institute are tax deductible.
MSI is a 501(c)-3 Educational Nonprofit Organization, regulated by the IRS and New Hampshire Charitble Trusts Division of the Attorney General's Office.
Dexter R Richards, Founder
Sunapee, NH 03782
Return to top of page
PHOTO CREDIT: Mount Kearsarge top image
from Joya Owl Woman Clark.